Friday, April 18, 2014

Studying Icelandic with Prudence and the Other Student(s)

4/18/14
Fun fact: my science teacher informed our class that this is "palindrome week"; in other words, 4/18/14 backwards--if you move around the slashes--is still 4/18/14. This works for all days that begin with a 1 this week. 
As for Iceland, I've made a pen pal! (Her name will remain undisclosed since I don't know if I have her permission to use it, so we'll call her "M".) While we don't live anywhere near each other, at least we're both from and going to the same countries. She's still in the application process, but I'm crossing my fingers that she gets accepted.
Lastly, I came across a grade A Icelandic resource that combines two of my favorite things: clever wordplay and, well, grade A Icelandic resources. If anyone is in the market for that kind of thing, it's called Nicelandic and the link is here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment