Monday, August 4, 2014

< 2 Weeks Till and Party Against My Will

8/4/13
Hey, would ya lookie there? Two entries less than a month apart for once. Either I'm becoming more responsible or this is my new medium for procrastination. 
Anyway, leaving to go to a new country for ten months is not an easy thing to comprehend, but now, just under two weeks away from leaving for New York, I think the shock has worn off. Now my brain is going into hyper-drive trying to get anything and everything done with time to spare so that my last few days here can be (sorta kinda) stress-free. 
Alright, so the party wasn't really "against my will", but it was planned without my knowledge, and "will" is a lot easier to rhyme. Basically, my friends and family threw a surprise party for me, and it was kind of the best thing ever. I was too caught up in the moment to even think of taking pictures during the party--though my mom got plenty on her phone--but I did get quite a few of the aftermath (yes, I finally have my camera again!).

"I walk in the club and this is what I see..."


They took a "Happy Birthday" banner and just removed the "birth" part...


...And put it on the piano.

Not much to see here. Just the room where we sat around and talked--wait, what's that folded over in the corner on the right?


Why, yes, that is a life-sized Captain Jack Sparrow cardboard cutout! Thank you for asking.


A mere sampling of the many hats we wore throughout the party.


PRESENTS! (Notice the Uncle Sam starter kit that my sister and her boyfriend got me as a gag gift. At least, I really hope it was a gag gift...)


My sister doesn't play around when it comes to decorating w/ streamers.



Before I got home, my friends decided to give my ceiling fan a makeover.



Who knows? Maybe I'll keep it like this. It's kind of relaxing, in a way.





The End.










No comments:

Post a Comment