Monday, August 18, 2014

The Payoff of All That Work And Holy Crap I'm In New York

8/18/14
I actually meant to write this yesterday, when we first arrived, but I was pretty exhausted and had some tech-related difficulties I wanted to sort out before going to Iceland (which, by the way, is just 3 days away--AHHHH). Currently it's a little past 4 on our second day, and I haven't sorted through today's pictures yet, so instead I'll post yesterday's:

The day started early. Like, really early. I had to get up at 4:45 to finish packing a few things, and we were out the door and on our way to the airport by 5:30.

That actually worked out in my favor, as I'm an early riser by nature.
There's no better place to listen to music than in the air.
Plus,
the
view
is
unbeatable.
The pilot was so nice she actually let me get out on the wing at one point to snap a few photos!
Just kidding...mostly.
After landing and dropping off our luggage at the hotel, we headed to Central Park for a few hours.



There was this cool (if slightly dangerous) concrete playground attached to a big rock formation.


The shade was desperately needed since it was scorching outside.

It's deceptively calm in these pictures--you could hear all the sounds of the city even surrounded by trees.


The light at the end of the tunnel, which in this case was a water break.

Okay, I´m going to '86 the captions for the next few, so just enjoy the nature.








All these rock formations made for good hiking practice.

As another exchange student said, ''Þar annan dag'': ''Until another day''!










No comments:

Post a Comment