Wednesday, August 20, 2014

New York Part 2 and More Coming Soon

8/19/14 (At least, when I started this entry it was the nineteenth.)
On we go to the second day here. 
Originally, I'd planned on going to the Arthur Kill Boat Graveyard (look it up), but upon actually looking it up to get directions, we found that it was something like an hour and a half away...by cab. Not exactly how I want to spend what little time I have in the Big Apple. So, instead, I decided to opt for Pomander Walk, as it was within walking distance, or at least a very short drive away--more on that later. For now, pictures.

I had just stepped out of the cab and already was taking pictures.

Same spot, but with a wilder lens flare.



Probably would have looked more quaint without the cars, but I'll take what I can get.
Along the way we found a secondhand book store, where I got a paperback about dragons for a buck fifty.



There really is no way to describe buildings here other than ''looming.''

Between the little sections of cottage-like apartments were alleys where you could see miles ahead.

After finishing up with Pomander, we killed some time looking around the area.

It's going to be a long, long time before I get shots of cityscapes like this again.



Turns out we weren't too far from the side of Central Park we didn't get to on the first day, so that was our next stop.


It was a long walk back to the hotel, but better to be tired from an eventful day than bored from a dull one.


 I'll have Part 3 up soon!

1 comment: