Sunday, September 21, 2014

After (Ice)landing

21/9/14

Okay, so I believe we left off right...



about...

...here.
After the flight, an AFS volunteer (hi, Ásgeir, on the off-chance that you're reading this) drove me and the other American exchange student from Keflavík to Reykjavík.

From the drive:


Please note: Reykjanesbær and Reykjavík are NOT the same. 


Not my best work, but I was in a moving vehicle.


So, after arriving at the AFS office downtown, we met up with the students going to the Netherlands, who had a connecting flight in Iceland and a layover that left them with a few hours to kill. Together, we wandered around the city, and after taking a few pictures, I noticed something.





It was sunny. In Iceland. We got ridiculously lucky.

As you'll see in future pictures, you can see Hallgrímskirkja from just about everywhere in Reykjavík. 



Incidentally, you can also see just about all of Reykjavík from the top of Hallgrímskirkja.

The inside's not bad either.
Oh, and as tourists, of course we had to take at least one picture of Harpa.
We separated from the Netherlands group once the French students arrived, and after walking around a little more, we unanimously decided to go back to the office and nap on whatever furniture they had available. (Seriously. I won't name names, but one of us may or may not have pushed 3 chairs together into a makeshift sleeping surface. Jet-lag is a powerful force.)

Alright, at this point I think I'm over halfway through the pictures I've taken here. Huzzah!







No comments:

Post a Comment