Thursday, September 25, 2014

That Time We Took A Drive

25/9/14
Some time around the very beginning of my stay here, my host mom offered to take me for a drive around our area, which I thought was a great idea. We saw a little bit of everything, but I especially enjoyed the latter part, as it had more nature.

Our first stop was the pier, to look at both ships and the city.





See? Hallgrímskirkja. You can't hide from it.


Next stop: ljóshúsið/lighthouse. 

There's actually a strip of land that connects the lighthouse to the mainland, but at high tide it's underwater.

The black sand is just gorgeous.


Those dots near the shore are birds. The land around the lighthouse is kind of a haven for them--it was lovely to see so many happy little birds and their chicks.

Short post, I know, but it was a trip I remember fondly, so I thought I'd share it. More to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment